Call for international competition "Night of Light in Gatchina"
22 february 2018 Art & Science cld itmo university competition creative lighting design festival of light lighting installation lighting show
On 10-11 August 2018 will be held the international festival of lighting art "Night of Light in Gatchina". The programme consists of 15 competitive art objects and series of professional works of artists, engineers, lighting designers and multimedia specialists. The organizer of festival is Gatchina Palace and Estate Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia. Total amount of festival visitors is about 20 thousand people
Call for applications open for students of universities, practicing artists, lighting designers, multimedia specialists, architects, as well as creative associations and design studios all over the world.
Deadline for submitting: 15 March, 2018 at 10 p.m.
No registration fees
There are two steps in the competition:
- The selection of the 15 projects by professional jury (engineers, artists, lighting designers, art curators) and presentation during the festival.
- The selection of the winner of the competition among the implemented lighting installations.
Benefits of Competition
- Participants are able to create and implement their installation on the territory of Gatchina Park. Organizers cover expenses up to 1700 $ for the creation of object (materials and equipment, necessary services) in the final of the competition.
- Author of the best installation according to the results of the festival will receive a cash prize of 1700 $.
- Publicity for the best projects on the website “Night of Light in Gatchina” and by video channel throughout the year.
- Prizes and diploma to the authors of best 3 artworks.
- The opportunity to get the atmosphere of St. Petersburg summer in August.
Participants will need to send an application to email email@example.com, attaching application form, illustrations of installation in PDF format and examples of your work/ portfolio. More detailed information about competition you can find on the link…
Coordinator of the competition: Elizaveta Sorokina